As an ALC Startup, we have several steps to accomplish to operate as a private school.
- Form a non-profit corporation (complete)
- Affiliate with the Agile Learning Network (complete)
- Find a location (complete)
- Complete building inspections (in process)
- File the Intent to Open a Non-Public School with the state
- Submit tuition information to NCSEAA so students can use state vouchers
We will go above and beyond to provide more value to our students:
- Attend training and submit application to operate as a licensed day care (in process)
- Attend training and apply to provide free and reduced lunch to students (in process)
- Submit Form 1023 to become a 501(c)(3) organization (complete)
All of these steps take money and we need your support. Consider donating to Gastonia Freedom School today. Your donations are tax-deductible.
You can donate via Patreon and or send money through PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you rather donate supplies? Check out our Wish List!
As a school focused on learning in the real world, we welcome people who can share their experience and expertise with our students. As a community resource, you may be the inspiration for the next project or career path for a student. Apply below so we can discuss your desire to play with us for a day, a week, or the whole school year. We welcome resources from all walks of life, especially those who have a similar background to the students we serve.
We are open to applications for facilitators. Facilitators are more than teachers–they are mentors, space holders, and play partners. While a background in education is useful, we welcome applicants with diverse experiences who are open to our non-traditional. Fill out the application below if you are interested in working as a facilitator.
The volunteer form is first. Fill out the second form if you are interested in applying for a paid position.